Please note that due to some technical difficulties our booking system is currently down. If you would like to book a place please email the team on email@example.com. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you.
Date: Monday, 10 September 2018
Time: 12.30 registration, 13:00 – 16.00 seminar
Venue: Clarke Willmott, 138 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2ES
CPD: 3 Learning Hours, A2
Fees: member £99 + vat, non-member £115 + vat
Speaker: Richard Snape
Conveyancing continues to undergo major changes and the course will aim to look at the most important changes and their effect on the conveyancer. In particular, ground rents are a cause for major concern and the Court of Appeal’s decision in Mishcon de Reya is of extreme importance.
Topics covered include:
· Recent cases on identity fraud in the light of Mishcon de Reya and liability of both buyers and sellers conveyancer
· Ground rent issues
· Mortgagee guidance on ground rents
· SDLT and additional dwellings: latest guidance
· Recent case law on rentcharges
· Recent case law on additional searches
· The Money Laundering Regulations 2017
· The Energy Act 2011 and the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards
· Leasehold Dwellings Update including Service Charge liability in the light of Grenfell
· Replacing septic tanks under the General Binding Rules
· Mortgage Lender requirements
· Service charge liability post Grenfell
· SDLT and first time buyers.
Richard Snape has been the Head of Professional Support at Davitt Jones Bould since 2002. He speaks at numerous courses for law societies all over the country, various public courses, in-house seminars within solicitors firms and has also talked extensively to local authorities and central government bodies. His areas of specialism include both commercial and residential property, in particular in relation to local government law, conveyancing issues, development land, commercial property and incumbrances in relation to land.
138 Edmund Street
Birmingham, B3 2ES
|Member||£ 118.80 (includes VAT of £ 19.80)|
|Non-members||£ 138.00 (includes VAT of £ 23.00)|