Date: Wednesday, 8 November 2017
Time: 13.00 registration, 13.30 – 16.30 seminar
3 learning Hours
Fees: Members: £99 + vat; Non-members: £115 + vat
Speakers: Jayne Willetts & Matthew Moore
With new Money Laundering Regulations, new Codes of Conduct and new Accounts Rules, the next 12 months promises to be busy on the compliance front. In their Annual Compliance Update session for BLS, Jayne Willetts and Matthew Moore provide a reminder of some of the more important regulatory obligations that firms are already subject to, summarise some of the key issues currently facing the profession, and look forward to the changes ahead.
Delegates are assured of a stimulating and inter-active session examining some of today’s key risk management issues, and other possible developments that will impact on us all.
· Two new Codes of Conduct - what are the changes to look out for?
· The Money Laundering Regulations 2017 – are we adapting to the new regime?
· Planned changes to the SRA Accounts Rules - good news or bad?
· Update on Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal cases – what is the current SRA focus for investigations and prosecutions?
· Matthew Moore LL.B, MCIPD, CdipAF Solicitor. Matthew is a director of law firm compliance and risk management consultancy Infolegal Ltd (www.infolegal.co.uk) and is also a consultant solicitor with Jayne Willetts & Co Solicitors. He is the co-author of ‘The Solicitors Office Procedures Manual’ (www.solicitors-opm.co.uk) and “Money Laundering Compliance for Solicitors" (with Diane Price - second edition due late 2017). Both publications are published by Professional Compliance Publishing - see www.solicitors-opm.co.uk).
· Jayne Willetts, LL.B, Solicitor Advocate. Jayne is a Solicitor Advocate with her own specialist professional regulation practice Jayne Willetts & Co Solicitors. She regularly appears as an advocate before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. Described in Chambers & Partners Directory as “a formidable defence advocate” much of her work involves advising individual solicitors, law firms and also new entrants to the legal services market on all aspects of professional regulation. Jayne is a former President of Birmingham Law Society and her column Regulation Report has been published in the BLS Bulletin since 2005.
2 Colmore Square
Birmingham, B4 6BJ
|Member||£ 118.80 (includes VAT of £ 19.80)|
|Non-member||£ 138.00 (includes VAT of £ 23.00)|